Leading Change in Power Transmission
The design of transmission towers is changing from lattice structure pylons to pylons with a tubular structure. As a result, Valmont® SM occupies a strong position in the transmission tower market. The design change is driven by the aim to reduce the visual impact of the pylons and enable a location close to populated areas. Valmont SM has currently delivered a 160 km of overhead transmission line in Denmark which applies a tubular design of the pylons.
Valmont SM continues to demonstrate its leadership through:
- Involvement in the development and manufacture of various types of test pylons for National Grid and Energinet.
- Production facilities that can manufacture tubular structures:
- Up to a length of 40 m.
- With diameters of up to 7,0 m.
- Tower weight of up to 200 tons.
- Roll plates with widths of up to 3 m and thicknesses of 90 mm.
- Several semi-automatic welding stations provide efficiency and a high level of production, combined with top-quality welds.
- Fully automated surface treatment facility for shot blasting, metallization and coating.