Where Coatings and Innovation Meet
Featuring state of the art automated robotics, the Valmont® SM coating facility at Vaerksvej is designed and fully dedicated to sandblasting, metallization and coating of wind turbine towers with a diameter of up to 6,5 meters.
The entire process from sandblasting to hardening is carried out in one indoor facility separated by split walls and sliding doors. Being located in one facility ensures optimal production with limited energy consumption as the steel can keep the same temperature throughout the process, which is essential for coating.
- The Valmont SM fully-automated sandblasting set-up can complete the process on time to eliminate the risk of corrosion
- Fully automated metallization ensures even layer thickness
- Robot automated coating is more efficient and more uniform than manual coating
- The facility can handle specifications for surface treatments subject to the latest requirements and norms within industrial painting, onshore as well as offshore
Traditional Coatings For Specific Situations
Sometimes, the traditional methods of coatings are still the best. That’s why Valmont® SM provides traditional coatings for specific situations, including:
- Oil and gas equipment and rotor houses that require traditional coatings
- Maximum item size is 6m x 6m x 35m and/or weighing up to 250 tons
- Specialized constructions that cannot be coated in automated facilities
Download our brochure or contact your Valmont SM representative to learn more about our capabilities.